1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I suppose that, yes, I'm something of a yarn snob. I really like natural fibers and generally don't shop at craft stores like Michael's or Joanne's for yarn. Though, I do buy 100% cotton there sometimes and I do like Lion Wool and Wool Ease for certain things. You can't beat the prices, that's for sure!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Neither. I would like to learn the basics of crochet, to do finishing, etc. but I haven't learned yet. Spinning is not something I'm interested in ... yet. Still working on being a good knitter!
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a big glass vase on the mantle, which is good for straights and dpns, but isn't so convenient for circs. Still trying to figure out what to do with those.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
About 2 years (not counting when I was younger). I think I'm intermediate-ish.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do, but I only share them with people I know personally due to privacy concerns.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love anything citrus and very subtle florals. Basically, anything clean and fresh smelling.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like candy, but not overly so. Chocolate with nuts is my favorite.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'm just starting to sew, but more for practicality than as a hobby. I love to cook, is that DIY? :-)
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like many kinds of music. I don't really care of country, metal or opera, but anything else that someone recommends, I'll always gibve a listen to!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorites are muted earthy colors, nothing too bright, and jewel tones. Greens are my favorite (goes with the red hair).
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband and our dog, Sammi.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I like scarves a lot lately. Hats aren't generally necessary here in Silicon Valley. Ponchos aren't really my taste, though I have seen some capelets I like.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love Rowan All Seasons Cotton and every Noro yarn I've worked with. Also, Karabella Aurora line and anything alpace or mohair.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not too fond of 100% man made fibers. They just feel ... squeaky ... in my hands.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession(s)?
Crack silk Haze anything (I blame the Harlot) and a Delphine Wilson inspired sweater.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I don't know; I enjoy everything I make. I'm on a sweater kick now that it's winter. I have certainly made a lot of baby and child things for friends and those are probably my favorites because they are so quick and are so appreciated!
17. What are you knitting right now?
Currently working on a Klaralund for me and a Manly Sweater for DH. Soon to start my Delphine inspired sweater.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course! What knitter doesn't? :-)
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo and wood are my favorties, though I do love my Addi Turbos for wool and other sticky yarns.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, as of Christmas, thanks and big kisses to my DH!
22. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me when I was about 8, butit didnt' stick. I picked it up in 2004, when I quit playing World of Warcraft. Unfortunately, knitting is a much more expensive hobby! ;-)
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Well, not more than 2 years! I started Kyoto from Knitty last summer and quit knitting on it when my dog chewed up on end of the bamboo circ I was knitting on. I've replaced the needle since, but never have gone back to the sweater. That double seed stitch is a killer!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love all things Simpson and south Park, and all animals.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July! I adore fireworks and the food. Plus, you know, the national pride and all.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really, except recipes and knitting-related things.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits and Cast-On. I love magazines!
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I've been eyeing the new Rowan Soft Lux, but haven't purchased any yet. I also really want to make the turtleneck shrug from ScarfStyle, but haven't bought the Kid Classic yet.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I have some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock and the teeny tiny dpns, but I have yet to get the nerve to try socks. Also, I haven't done much cabling, but the Delphine sweater should rememdy that. Hmm, I've tried simple lace, but want to get more complicated with that. I need better chart-reading skills.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet, see #29.
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
December 25. Yes, Christmas Day!