Monday, June 06, 2005

first real post

welcome one and all to the first installment here at zootknit.

i have been knitting for about 8 months now and have, thusfar, completed a garter stitch scarf (not worth seeing), two baby sweaters and a felted purse. that sure doesn't sound like much, does it? and i felt so accomplished too.

darling husband took some photos of baby sweater number 2 this weekend, but i haven't yet gotten them off the memory card. but, here is a picture of me with the recipient of my first sweater, miss sidney.


you can see it's a little big for her, but i have no doubt she'll outgrow it before i can blink an eye. babies are like that, or so i hear.
Posted by Hello

more to follow at some point.

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger spinnity said...

Hey, Julia! Thanks for the note about your new knitting blog. First baby sweater looks awesome.. they should always be big when you give 'em!

First comment is mine, bwahaha!

I'm glad you've got this blog set up so we can check in on you between knitting groups. Hope the re-knit sleeve is working better.

Oh, and the email address you are using is jim dandy for correspondence.

see ya soon
-m

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger julia said...

Hurray for comments! The best part of blogging, in my humble opinion. Thanks, Mary. :)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Delia said...

too odd that the San Jose knitting circle came together. If I ever get my Sunday nights back, I have to make it to SnB again!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Hi Julia! Congrats on getting your blog up and running. I'll add you to my bloglines list so I can see anytime you have a new post.

Cute Baby sweater. And Sidney is adorable as well! I hope to see you tonight at the Meetup.

~ Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home