Wednesday, August 17, 2005

pictures ... finally

not much time to write, but here are the completed projects pictures, finally. (the image loading is now working.)

clapotis, in lorna's laces lion & lamb in the charcoal colorway:



and a couple of closeups:





child's placket neck pullover from last minute knitted gifts in rowan cashsoft baby dk:







buttonhole bag (from mason-dixon knitting pattern) in lamb's pride bulky:



click on the thumbnails to see a larger version (in a new window).

we are off to phoenix for a week for a wedding, so hopefully i'll have more wips to show when i get back. i discovered that there is a place about 20 miles from our hotel called the fiber factory, with 4,000 square feet of yarn! needless to say, i'm taking an extra empty bag with me.

9 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger spinnity said...

Dratted internet! It forbids me to see your photos! I live unfullfilled until I get to see **pictures** !

Have a good time your travels!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Nice work! The clapotis came out beautifully. And your stitches on the child's placket neck pullover are really nice. I hope you have fun in AZ!

~ Christina

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous c said...

Lion and lamb! Drool. And cashsoft baby dk. Mmm, those must have been fun to knit. The Clap looks good!

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Becky said...

GORGEOUS. Wow...I am in awe of this Clapotis. YOu chose *the* perfect color for it. If I were to knit a Clapotis, this is probably the color I'd choose! It goes with everything and looks elegant. Brava, Julia!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger julia said...

Thanks all! :)

I feel like a true knitter now that I've accomplished some things that are not scarves.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger spinnity said...

Lovely, all around. The placket-neck sweater is inspiring me to look into that pattern for some recent Jaeger Baby Wool I picked up. Congrats, true knitter!

- spinnity

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Erin said...

Julia,

I have that Rowan book you wanted on hold, but I don't have your email address. Anyway, just let me know..

~Erin

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger julia said...

Erin -

I meant to come by this weekend and completely forgot? I'll try to stop by one day this week after work. If you need to stop holding it, I totally understand, just let me know. You can reach me via email at julia dot dumperth at gmail dot com, if you need to!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Surfed in from Craftster! Love your Clapotis! I'm just starting one, and I haven't gotten to the dropping stitches part (almoooooost to section 3). Thanks for sending us to your blog to see your pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home