Monday, October 24, 2005

61 days

Only 61 days until Christmas...and that doesn't include shipping time. So, do I work diligently on the remainder of my unfinished knitted gifts? Oh no. That would be logical. Instead, what do I do?

I give the big ol' middle finger to logic, order 5 skeins of handpainted cashmere (Mont Blanc in the Sawyer colorway) from Axelle at A. L. de Sauveterre and cast on for another Clapotis as soon as it arrived. The yarn is just to wonderful not to knit with. However, what it is bringing me is a false calm, soon to be overridden by [temporarily stifled] holiday panic. But for now, oh cashmere, how I love thee!

6 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Oh cashmere, how I love thee indeed! Maybe you need to call the Yarn Harlots Holiday Help line...

~ Christina

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger julia said...

I think you're right. Help me, oh Harlot! Hee hee.

Hey, I heard you met with Chris Q recently. How did that go?

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous sequinK said...

I just found your blog via Christina's! Good to meet you last night. You yummy cashmere project inadvertently caused me fits this morning,... Now there is some serious stash enhancement happening in the near future!

-- Dee Dee

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger julia said...

Hey Dee Dee!

We knitters do enable each other, don't we? :) I've been erading your blog for a while now so it's good to put a face with the name!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger cant_talk_knitting said...

hi there -- thanks for your comments on my blog. Maybe I will get down to Campbell one of these Sundays. I like the idea of a weekend SnB.

There's a Wednesday one in Berkeley, but I go to the gym on Tues and Thurs, so leaving the house on yet another night is not so appealing.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous mel said...

You are a bad influence! I am now coveting your cashmere, it was indeed lovely to pet. I'm still being good on the holiday knitting front, but when it's over, all bets are off! You'll have to bring the finished Clapotis to Meet Up so we can all pet it some more. :) Thanks for the link on my blog too, it was very useful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home